BIO cremation or incineration by alkaline hydrolysis (also known as aqua cremation or green cremation), is a process that is carried out with water at temperatures between 150 °C and 180 °C.
To accelerate this process, Potassium Hydroxide (KOH) is added, which is an Active agent to break down biological material such as: proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates and lipids, in a sterile water-based solution composed of amino acids and sugars.
Benefits of BIO cremation or incineration by alkaline hydrolysis
- What nature in its normal process takes between 15 to 20 years to decompose, this system does in 3 hours
- The system is an accelerated version of natural decomposition and produces 8 times less CO2 than conventional cremation.
- Consumes a third of energy than normal cremation
- No mercury emissions (which pollute the environment so much)
- Neutralizes embalming fluid
- Destroy any disease (virus and bacteria)
- Returns to the ecosystem only the elemental organic building blocks of life